The 2016 Australia eCommerce Market is home to the second largest online population in the Asia-Pacific region. With a stable economy and proximal location to Japan and China, the market is expected to surpass $24 billion in 2018.
Some key information on the 2016 Australia eCommerce market:
- By the end of last year, 35% of eCommerce transactions were completed on mobile devices
- Click Frenzy (the third Tuesday of November) is a major shopping day unique to the country
- eCommerce sales are projected to rise 21% by 2018
- Approximately 69% of Australian digital buyers make cross-border purchases primarily from the U.S., China, and the U.K.
- Credit and debit cards are the most popular digital payment method, with 85% of Australians utilizing them
Download the 2016 Australia eCommerce Market profile to learn more:
The 2016 Australia eCommerce Market profile is the last profile for our Global eCommerce Book series. The book explores the top 10 eCommerce markets around the world and highlights key statistics on major shopping days, cross-border shopping, demographics, industry projections, and more.
Our recent posts have studied the U.K. eCommerce Market, China’s eCommerce Market, the U.S. eCommerce Market, Japan’s eCommerce Market, Germany’s eCommerce Market, France’s eCommerce Market, South Korea’s eCommerce Market, Canada’s eCommerce Market, and Brazil’s eCommerce Market.
Our next post will feature a compiled book edition of all of the Global eCommerce Market profiles with an additional Emerging Markets section that includes several up-and-coming eCommerce markets.