The 2016 Brazil eCommerce Market is the largest in Latin America, featuring an expanding middle class and digital ecosystem. The market is expected to surpass $27 billion by 2018, a total of 39% growth.
Additional information on the 2016 Brazil eCommerce Market:
- Approximately 19% of all eCommerce transactions were mobile purchases in 2015
- The largest digital shopping day of the year tends to be Black Friday, though Cyber Monday is growing in popularity
- 49% of digital buyers in Brazil make cross-border purchases
- Credit and debit cards account for 75% of eCommerce payments while Boleto Bancário payments are utilized by approximately 20% of shoppers
- Mobile sales are expected to exceed $11 billion in 2016
Download the 2016 Brazil eCommerce Market Profile to learn more:
The 2016 Brazil eCommerce Market profile is the ninth post for our Global eCommerce Book series. In this book, we will explore the top 10 eCommerce markets around the world and will highlight key stats on major shopping days, cross-border shopping, industry projections, demographics, and more.
Our recent posts have studied the U.K. eCommerce Market, China’s eCommerce Market, the U.S. eCommerce Market, Japan’s eCommerce Market, Germany’s eCommerce Market, France’s eCommerce Market, South Korea’s eCommerce Market, and Canada’s eCommerce Market.
Our next profile will be our last for the Global eCommerce Book and will highlight Australia, a country with the second largest online population in the Asia-Pacific region and a mature economy.