We are monitoring this situation by the hour. The health and safety of our amazing employees during these testing times is our top priority. Across all PFSweb organizations, including LiveArea and PFS, we have implemented new standard operating procedures (SOPs) that ensure we are doing our part to flatten the curve and avoid further spread of the virus. We are adjusting operations wherever necessary to ensure a safe environment for our staff across business functions.
We could not be more proud of our resilient staff’s response during this time.
Thank you, PFSweb employees!
Since the onset of social distancing guidelines, we have transitioned our entire customer care operation to a work-from-home solution, this includes approximately 500 agents located across the globe.
Professional Service Offices
Across all global PFSweb locations, including our headquarters, our professional staff have been instructed to work from home with only a few exceptions for critical systems maintenance.
We have established several new SOPs within our distribution facilities to ensure the safety of our staff working on the frontline, including:
- Employees are NOT required to come into work at PFS. We have communicated to all employees that there are no attendance consequences if they are uncomfortable working in the facilities.
- Employees are informed that if they are experiencing or have been exposed to anyone exhibiting signs of COVID-19, they should NOT come to work and they should seek immediate medical attention and/or testing and stay home until they receive a negative test result, self-quarantine for 14 days as recommended by the CDC and/or receive clearance from a medical professional.
- PFS is doing temperature checks at entry doors and employees exhibiting any signs of COVID-19 or who have an elevated temperature are not allowed within the facility.
- PFS has provided personal protective equipment (PPE) for employees, including gloves, face masks, and face shields. We have implemented a policy and strongly encourage employees to use this equipment. We have also provided the training for proper use of this equipment.
- PFS is requiring distancing with employees inside of the working areas of the facility and asking that all employees use the greatest social distancing available inside of the facility with constant enforcement being maintained, including structured breaks and lunches to ensure separation.
- PFS has provided mobile cleaning stations for employees use at any time and access to hand sanitizer stations.
- PFS has increased and enhanced its cleaning regimen in all facilities. Facilities are cleaned on a daily basis and as well as nightly cleaning after the last shift – including nightly disinfectant fogging at some facilities.
- PFS has maintained signage throughout the facilities, bathrooms and breakrooms regarding necessary precautions as reminders to wash hands and social distance.
- PFS is facilitating focus groups with employees to seek out ways to funnel any suggestions to PFS’ COVID-19 Task Force, which meets daily to review opportunities, risks, and any changing developments.
For both PFS and LiveArea, we consider it our duty to help our clients’ commerce operations run as smoothly as possible during this unprecedented time. For more information on how each business unit has responded to this crisis, see their respective website.
With each new development brought on by COVID-19, PFSweb has quickly responded, adjusting operations and implementing new safety precautions according to the mandates and guidelines provided by local governments and the CDC. In many instances we have gone above and beyond the minimum requirements. The running timeline provided here details the progression of COVID-19 since March 2020, and the strategic actions taken by PFSweb in response.
2020 Q1 Results Release and Call (including COVID-19 response).
Complaint regarding COVID-19 procedures filed with Shelby County, TN. Facility was inspected by a Health Department official who noted employees wearing PPE and practicing social distancing. Complaint closed.
Launched COVID-19 Response page with employee safety guidelines to PFS Commerce website.
Distributed face shields to all Memphis-area employees.
All international fulfillment centers received and distributed face masks to employees.
Began nightly disinfectant fogging in Memphis-area fulfillment centers.
Ordered face shields for Memphis area fulfillment centers.
Distributed face masks to all US fulfillment center employees – ordered on March 31.
CDC issues detailed instructions on cloth face coverings.
Temperature checks began at PFS facilities.
First fulfillment center employee with a confirmed case of COVID-19 (Memphis area).
Recommended to fulfillment center employees that they wear employee-provided cloth face coverings until the company-provided masks arrived.
Successfully transitioned all 500 contact center employees to work from home.
CDC recommends use of cloth face coverings, especially in areas of significant community-based transmission.
Ordered face shields for UK fulfillment center.
Mississippi shelter-in-place order issued.
Ordered face masks for global fulfillment centers.
Employee with first confirmed case of COVID-19 (Dallas).
Tennessee Executive Order outlining “Distribution” as essential “Intrastructure Operations”.
All PFSweb professional staff transitioned to WFH model.
Memphis shelter-in-place order issued.
Prime Minister Johnson orders shelter-in-place of UK.
Dallas shelter-in-place order issued.
Received first of several client letters deeming PFSweb as an essential business.
Mississippi Executive Order outlining “Distribution” and “supply chain companies” as an essential operation.
CEO briefs company on updates, and institutes weekly video Friday Briefings.
India universal shelter-in-place order issued.
Fulfillment centers updated entry checklists with situational temperature checks.
Canada lockdown put in place, and “supply chain” companies deemed essential.
Employee with first ‘presumptive positive’ COVID-19 case in the UK.
Belgium shelter-in-place order issued.
CDC recommends to limit all gatherings to 10 people or fewer.
President Trump declares national state of emergency in the U.S.
Site designation protocol and remote worker protocol established.
2019 Annual Results Release and Call (including COVID-19 statements).
COVID-19 Task Force established.
“Special Situation Plan” activated.
WHO declares pandemic.
EMEA specific communication and guidance.
Initial communication to all PFSweb employees and issuance of signage across all sites.